Friday, October 30, 2009

Saturday, October 31, 2009 Devotion

Saturday, October 31, 2009

2 Corinthians 7:2-7

2Make room for us in your hearts. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have exploited no one. 3I do not say this to condemn you; I have said before that you have such a place in our hearts that we would live or die with you. 4I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.

5For when we came into Macedonia, this body of ours had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn—conflicts on the outside, fears within. 6But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, 7and not only by his coming but also by the comfort you had given him. He told us about your longing for me, your deep sorrow, your ardent concern for me, so that my joy was greater than ever.

Quick Notes

Continuously in scripture we are told to offer a place to stay for those who need one. It is this mark of compassion that seems to define the God we worship, who always makes room for those who need it... like us. We are not only to go around talking about God while denying the actions that go with it. The action, in particular, that we need to practice more is compassion.

Quick Questions

Who receives your compassion?

Quick Prayer

Christ Jesus, your love and compassion have made a place for me. Build compassion in me to make a place for others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment