Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 21, Wednesday Devotion

2 Corinthians 2:12-17

12Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, 13I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said good-by to them and went on to Macedonia.

14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? 17Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.

Quick Notes

Paul appeals more to our minds when trying to convince us of Christ. He appeals to our senses, and in this case the sense of smell. We are like a perfume that spreads through the air proclaiming Christ crucified and the Kingdom. It is not only in the conscious that we spread the good news, but also the unconscious. What an awesome opportunity!

Quick Questions

Does your fragrance smell of Christ? Why or why not?

Quick Prayer

Lord Jesus, may my aroma be pleasing to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment