Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 7, Wednesday Devotion

1 Corinthians 16:1-4

16 Now about the collection for God’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. 3 Then, when I arrive, I will give letters of introduction to the men you approve and send them with your gift to Jerusalem. 4 If it seems advisable for me to go also, they will accompany me.

Quick Notes

Where I grew up, several people hated coming to church because it seemed as if the churches only wanted people's money. Though collecting offering is a part of what we do, we always do it with the purpose to spread the gospel.

Quick Questions

Where does the money you receive go to? Do you spend it with purpose? Do you spend it to spread the gospel? Where do you spend it?

Quick Prayer

Lord Jesus, let the money that I spend be glorifying to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment