Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 8, Thursday Devotion

1 Corinthians 16:5-9

5 After I go through Macedonia, I will come to you—for I will be going through Macedonia. 6 Perhaps I will stay with you awhile, or even spend the winter, so that you can help me on my journey, wherever I go. 7 I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit; I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. 8 But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, 9 because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.

Quick Notes

Our fast-food world rarely slows down to enjoy some of the pleasures of what the Kingdom at hand really means. It is not lazy to spend time with each other. It is a way we build each other up with encouragement. Sometimes it is better to not do something than to do it and not have time for those around you.

Quick Questions

When you do something, who do you spend your time with?

Quick Prayer

O Lord, please make my time more effective than efficient. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment