Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 9, Wednesday Devotion

1 Corinthians 9:15-18

15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me. I would rather die than have anyone deprive me of this boast. 16 Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. 18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.

Quick Notes

Though it is the church's responsibility to take care of our pastors and clergy, those who are called to preach should not require payment for their services. Serving God is the reward. As all of us are called to spread the gospel. We are to do it for the joy of the Lord.

Quick Questions

Do you ever feel like you deserve credit for doing God's work?

Quick Prayer

Lord Jesus, may your grace be enough to preach your word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment