Monday, September 21, 2009

September 22, Tuesday Devotion

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Quick Notes

Several songs say that love is really the most important thing... and they are right. God has revealed Himself as love in flesh. Jesus being God himself did not use his "Godliness" as the measure of how he should be judged. Love was that connection. That is our standard.

Quick Questions

Have you ever looked at things where love is a secondary issue? Why or why not?

Quick Prayer

Lord, may I learn to love like you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment