Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 27, Sunday Devotion

1 Corinthians 14:13-19

13 For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind. 16 If you are praising God with your spirit, how can one who finds himself among those who do not understand say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying? 17 You may be giving thanks well enough, but the other man is not edified. 18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

Quick Notes

This issue above can apply to other things as well, such as blessings. Most of those who read this have been blessed abundantly, and thankfully so. The problem is that we take so much joy in the blessings we have received that we forget to bless others as well. We concentrate on what we've received that we forget to give.

Quick Questions

In a group, do you try to keep the focus on yourself or others? When you talk about how you've been blessed, has it been to edify others?

Quick Prayer

Almighty God, you have given me much more than I have ever deserved. Let me give as abundantly as I have received. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment