Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 7, Monday Devotion

1 Corinthians 9:1-2

9 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

Quick Notes

These two verses can seem a bit disjointed when taken alone, but this is the beginning of a plea for the Corinthians to really think about what Paul is telling them. Even though Paul was formative for the church there, he still has to persuade them.

Quick Questions

Do you ever feel like you have to persuade others just to get them to listen to you? How does that make you feel?
Quick Prayer

Jesus, may your grace be sufficient for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment