Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29, Friday Devotion


April 29, Friday Devotion
Isaiah 63:1-6
1 Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah, with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in his great strength? “It is I, the Lord, announcing your salvation! It is I, the Lord, who has the power to save!” 2 Why are your clothes so red, as if you have been treading out grapes? 3 “I have been treading the winepress alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. Their blood has stained my clothes. 4 For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors. 5 I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me. 6 I crushed the nations in my anger and made them stagger and fall to the ground, spilling their blood upon the earth.”
Quick Notes/Questions
I don't know what I found more amazing that God comes in to free the oppressed or that God does so because no one else will intervene for the oppressed.  It is great to know that our God cares about the least of these, but what does it say that no one else will do it?  One thing it says is that we are the grace of God with everyone we meet.  We are the means that God uses to free people.
Quick Prayer
Lord, you are the great intervener.  Let my eyes and ears be open to those who I can show your grace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment