Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, Monday Devotion


April 12, Monday Devotion
Isaiah 52:1-3

1 Wake up, wake up, O Zion! Clothe yourself with strength. Put on your beautiful clothes, O holy city of Jerusalem, for unclean and godless people will enter your gates no longer. 2 Rise from the dust, O Jerusalem. Sit in a place of honor. Remove the chains of slavery from your neck, O captive daughter of Zion. 3 For this is what the Lord says: “When I sold you into exile, I received no payment. Now I can redeem you without having to pay for you.”
Quick Notes/Questions
God continues to beckon us to come and follow him even when we were openly belligerent.  I think for most of us, this is hard to comprehend.  Why would God continue to extend his hand to us when we purposely displayed?  I am convinced that God is love and every opportunity that he presents us with is covered in love.  Despite ourselves, God wants to redeem us.
Quick Prayer
Lord, I don't understand why you put up with me, but I am really glad you do.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment