Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 25, Thursday Devotion

March 25, Thursday Devotion

Isaiah 45:1-4
1 This is what the Lord says to Cyrus, his anointed one, whose right hand he will empower. Before him, mighty kings will be paralyzed with fear. Their fortress gates will be opened, never to shut again. 2 This is what the Lord says: “I will go before you, Cyrus, and level the mountains. I will smash down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron. 3 And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness—secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name. 4 And why have I called you for this work? Why did I call you by name when you did not know me? It is for the sake of Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one.
Quick Notes/Questions
Sometimes we see God empower people that we would never expect to accomplish his purposes. Cyrus was the about the least likely person of least likely persons to be enabled by God. Who are the least likely people that you know?
Quick Prayer
Lord, may I be empowered by your grace to accomplish everything I could ever ask or imagine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment