Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 17, Wednesday Devotion

March 17, Wednesday Devotion
Isaiah 44:1-5

1 “But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. 2 The Lord who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O dear Israel, my chosen one. 3 For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children. 4 They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. 5 Some will proudly claim, ‘I belong to the Lord.’ Others will say, ‘I am a descendant of Jacob.’ Some will write the Lord’s name on their hands and will take the name of Israel as their own.”
Quick Notes/Questions
According to the above passage, how does God plan on helping his people? Does he make a quick fix? No. What he does is he nourishes us with what we need. Water to not only quench our immediate thirst, but also to restore our fields. He sends his Spirit to nourish our souls. Do you realize that God cares more for us so much that he is willing to take time to nourish us correctly?
Quick Prayer
Lord, fill our souls with your nourishing love and grace. May all of your creation be nourished and nourish. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment