Monday, November 30, 2009

Tuesday Devotion, December 1

Tuesday Devotion, December 1

Isaiah 1:16-20

16 Wash yourselves and be clean! Get your sins out of my sight. Give up your evil ways. 17 Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. 18 “Come now, let’s settle this,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool. 19 If you will only obey me, you will have plenty to eat. 20 But if you turn away and refuse to listen, you will be devoured by the sword of your enemies. I, the Lord, have spoken!”

Quick Notes
These five verses could be the book of Isaiah. If Christians could live these out, the Kingdom of God would be alive and well. There is a mentality that because Jesus died for me, it is okay if I still sin - I mean, no one is perfect. Yet right here we see that Jesus' death is not enough. We are to become God-bringers to this world through being good, just, and helping those who cannot help themselves. To do this, we will be obeying God and be fulfilled.
Quick Questions
Which do you spend more time doing: learning to be good, seeking justice, helping the oppressed, defending orphans, or fighting for widows' rights? Which do you need to spend more time doing?
Quick Prayer
O God, continue to teach me your ways. May I be able to obey. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment