Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday, November 28, 2009 Devotion

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Habakkuk 3:16-19

16 I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day, when disaster will strike the people who invade us. 17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.

(For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)

Quick Notes

One of my top 5 passages of scripture easily. The reason has to do with why we worship this God - the one in Christ Jesus. Some people worship for the hope of good on this world or one beyond death. Habakkuk worships because the God of Jesus is Lord of all.

Quick Questions

Why do you worship Jesus? Is it to go to heaven? To avoid hell? If everything in your life goes bad, will you still worship him?

Quick Prayer

Christ Jesus, I affirm you to be Lord of my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment