Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thursday Devotion, August 20

1 Corinthians 4:1-5

4 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Quick Notes

We have a very awesome mission. As servants of Christ we are entrusted with God's secret things. Because we are trusted at that level, we have a responsibility to manage these things faithfully. While this world looks to wisdom, we have the secret of Christ crucified, and we have the opportunity of serving as Christ served and living our lives in submission to others that Christ might be glorified. If we are faithful in this, we will receive our due in due time.

Quick Questions

How does it feel to be entrusted with the secret things of God? Do you think you are faithfully managing these things? Why or why not?

Quick Prayer

O Lord, it is by your grace and mercy that I can serve you and others. May your light shine through me into the dark areas that I inhabit that you may be glorified. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment