Friday, August 28, 2009

Saturday Devotion, August 29

1 Corinthians 7:10-11

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Quick Notes

Most of us have been greatly affected by divorce in some way. It has become a sticky subject as our emotions get the better of us and rational behavior becomes less. The investment of sharing a life with someone to the point that we become one in flesh hurts deeply when we sever what was bound together. Though I sincerely believe that we serve a God who is bigger than our mistakes... even divorce, we need to do everything we can to love our spouses.

Quick Questions

Whose divorce has affected you the most? Does it make you uncomfortable talking about divorce? Why or why not?

Quick Prayer

Christ Jesus, help me stay connected to the people I love. Let me love them with thoughtful regard. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment