Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, Monday Devotion


June 28, Monday Devotion
Matthew 28:16-2016 Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!
    18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Quick Notes/Questions
Today we end the book of Matthew with a passage that is probably a little familiar, the name usually called, 'The Great Commission'.  I actually want to look at verse 17, though.  Some of Jesus' 11 disciples worshiped him despite doubting.  We usually look down at those who doubt, but maybe it is helpful to know that even those closest to Jesus doubt at times.  The only thing that I know of that cures doubt is being actively involved in a worshiping community.  Legend has it that all of the remaining 11 overcame their doubts and led great lives for Christ.  What do you think?
Quick Prayer
Lord Almighty, may the doubts that I sometimes have help me form me into a creature of worship.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment